Friday, March 24, 2023

Happy Birthday, Patty!

Dear Hearts,

March 24th is the birthday of Patricia Helen Bornhop: daughter of Jim and Mary Claire; sister of Jim, Mary Fran, John, Mike, Matt, Anne, Jerry and Margaret; wife of Andy; mother of John, Andrew and Thomas; aunt, cousin, in-law, niece and friend to a bunch more. I gained a new title this year--Mother in Law to sweet Misty!

I am grateful to report I am healthy and very happy here in Orange, California, albeit soggy and cold. We've had more rain this season than I've experienced since moving here in 1989. We needed it badly so I'm not going to complain.

I continue to work part-time in varied capacities--as a Vote Center Supervisor at election time, and supporting a small-business woman who owns the nation's largest mobile giftwrapping company. At Nifty Package Co. I have learned virtually every aspect of running a small business, from creating custom gift baskets and wrapping gifts to working a pallet jack to unload shipments of high-end candles from Italy. It's fun and fascinating work. 

Andy and I continue to grab the opportunities to see live entertainment and recently saw the Old 97s, Flogging Molly, author Erik Larson, Honey Whiskey Trio and Roseanne Cash. I recommend them all! (If anyone wants to compare punk concerts from the 1980s to today, I have a lot to contribute!)

I look forward to the earth drying out a bit so I can do some weeding and planting. Every year I grow sweet peas, and I'm happy to see they've survived the deluge.

So, happy birthday to me, and may I have 68 more healthy ones, by the Aunt Joannie Sullivan Law of Longevity Aspiration of 2008.

God bless us and save us and keep us from harm.

Written by Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment