Monday, March 23, 2020

Happy Birthday, Patty!

Dear Hearts,
Overlooking Hoover Dam, March 2020

March 24 is my birthday (Patricia, Patty, Pitty Pat, Pidge, P-Bug, Pattissima, Patay, AP), daughter of Jim and Mary Claire; sister of Jim, Mary Fran, John, Mike, Matt, Anne,  Jerry and Margaret; wife of Andy; mother of John, Andrew and Thomas; aunt, cousin, in-law, niece and friend to a bunch more.

These days I am enjoying a charmed life as a good old-fashioned housewife. Many folks describe me as retired, but really I just stopped working for other people at age 50. With a degree in Communications/News Editorial (journalism), I've worked as a magazine editor, ad agency writer/designer and a parochial school development director. I do a little consulting in the marketing realm and recently was employed by the county as a Vote Center employee. By far, my favorite job has been a wife and stay-at-home mom.

I love keeping our home stocked, clean and comfy, visiting with friends, going to concerts and on adventures with Andy; and being available to family and friends who need a little help with anything from babysitting to copy editing.

So, happy birthday to me, and may I have 72 more healthy ones, by the Aunt Joannie Sullivan Law of Longevity Aspiration of 2008.

God bless us and save us and keep us from harm.

Written by Patty Bornhop

1 comment:

  1. My dearest Patricia Helen:

    You are so marvelous it makes my heart smile.

    Love,
    John

    ReplyDelete