Tuesday, March 23, 2021

God Bless Mike Nau

Dear Hearts,

March 24th is the birthday of Donald Nicholas "Mike" Nau, the grandfather of Jim III, Micky, Miles, Amos, Franny and 17 others; husband of Pat; father of Nancy, Patsy, Janet, Elizabeth, Nick, Felix and Peter; friend to all. I believe his nickname was "Old Scrap Iron."

Many of us recall his unmistakable white hair, black horn-rimmed glasses and broad smile, and I remember with delight the silly and hilarious game called "Ish Come Bibbly Eye," in which he would hold my outstretched arm and see how long I could stand his fingers walking up toward my armpit. I rarely could stand it passed my elbow but was always rewarded with laughter and a piece of Juicy Fruit gum, which he ALWAYS had in his pocket.

In 1960, Mr. Nau bought Hammond Machine Works and ran the business with integrity and skill. He eventually sold the company to his son, Peter, in the 1990s. Today, the third generation of the Nau family is working at Hammond Machine Works.

Mr. Nau died on March 31st, 2000 at the age of 81. God bless you, Old Scrap Iron, please continue to watch over all of us.

God bless us and save us and keep us from harm.

Love, Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment